Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Open my arms and heart... Check.

A picture worth a thousand words, right? Nothing more to say about that now. Nothing needed.




Paint the front bedrom a neutral color, unlike the rest of the house... Check.
Childhood iron bed needs to be chartreuse to match Anthropologie bedding... Check.
Kitchen desk is too cluttered. Move to front bedroom where there is already a lot going on... Check.

Clean the baseboards. Check.
Mop the floors. Check.
Touch up wall paint. Check.
Wax eyebrows. Check.
Color hair. Check.
Tan. Check.
Sync Patty Griffin (all 7 albums) to Ipod. Check. (and listening now)
Invite the girls over for one last hoo-rah. Check.

Buy more expensive wine than normal, because of the name... Check. www.justinwine.com

Find and decorate a "Christmas in March" Tree... Check.
Wrap gifts... Check.




That's right. The burlap sacks that originally said "Speedy Cook'n"... now say "Peed Cook'n." Go ahead. Laugh.

Post the project without any shame or humiliation in my 32-hour project of recovering six kitchen chairs (in my mother's words, "It adds character.")... Check.

More to come later about the moment for which I've waited 45 1/2 weeks. Stay tuned...

post signature

6 comments:

  1. I am sooooooooo thrilled that the love of your life is returning safely back to the US and back to your arms. Freedom, patriotism, and the land we love means a whole lot more these days when our men are the ones providing us with all that is good in this world, don't they? :) Savor every second of this amazing homecoming. Welcome home Justin and thank you for your selfless dedication and passion for this great country. So happy for you two!

    (And Mere, nice touch on the Justin wine, I've bought my Justin that wine before as well!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! So glad he's almost home! Give him a great big hug and a thank you from all of us :-) Loved all your projects, especially the chairs! Looks like you've managed to keep yourself busy while he was gone. You've inspired me to dust off my to do list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the green bed and bedding. so pretty. the peed chairs are awesome! such a great idea. i'm glad he's home soon<3

    ReplyDelete
  4. That top pic says it all!! Words can hardly be enough after all this time, but somehow you always manage to capture in this blog and photos the feelings that so few of us can begin to know how to feel. Mere, I'm so proud of you (I know I say it often, but I mean it 100 times over) and Justin for the way you lead your lives. To honor God in your actions and words. To be deliberate in all that you do and seize every moment with each other and family and friends. It is such a blessing to have you both in my life. A part of my world is being put back together with the two of you reuniting and I'm so thankful and happy for that. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HE's COMING HOME!!! you are so strong Mere and once again, thank you for sharing your thoughts with us!!! I just teared up (NOT because of hormones), got chills, and yes...laughed out loud. I LOVE YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're such a domestic goddess. I can only aspire to be half of productive and creative in household decorating as you!
    Justin will be so thrilled to be home with you. LOVE the peed cookin' chairs!

    ReplyDelete